[+]It’s been a while since I’ve written, well, anything, so here is a brief, albeit abridged update on the Co-op job. First off, it’s going good. I like what I’m doing, copyright issues prevent me from telling you pretty much anything about it, but since January I’ve come along way. I would say I now completely understand the inner workings of what the company does, plans on doing, and how they do it. I have also gotten a lot of experience in Solid Works, the industry standard for any design or prototype modeling and now I’m pretty dirty at it. Besides that I don’t think anything else I’m working on should be on the internet.
In place of anything substantial, I will provide you with a professional anecdote. Yesterday I went to pick up lunch at subway for the office. This is one of the worst things I have to do at work. Not because I have to go get lunch for everyone because I’m the Co-op, everyone that works here takes turn getting lunch for the rest. No, getting lunch at subway sucks because I feel like a D-bag when the guy behind me thinks he is mere seconds away from ordering his tasty deli sandwich, and then out of nowhere I crush his hopes and dreams by ordering 15 sandwiches right in his face. Regardless, I offend eight hungry subway patrons and get all the sandwiches made. When I get back to work, someone informs me that I picked up lunch for the speak-softly-and-carry-a-big-stick-Maserati-driving-CEO, so I go to bring him his sandwich, into his corner office and he smiles and says “Thank you, how much was it?”
“Five dollars.” I reply.
“Do you have change…” he begins, as I reach in my pocket. “…for a hundred?”
With a grin I pull out a single quarter and hold it up. He started laughing his ass off and told me he’d get the money to me later. It was worth a try though right?
Friday, March 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment